Safer Spaces Policy
fine. aims to create a culture of inclusivity with our events, and we want everyone attending to have a safe, enjoyable time, so we have established a safer spaces policy. A safer spaces policy is intended to create a supportive and non-threatening environment. If you experience or witness harassment, abuse, assault, or any other kind of violation or harmful behaviour, please come talk to one of the organizers behind the bar or at the doors; we are here to help. We will take action to intervene, and if necessary, remove individuals from the event if such incidents occur. We do not tolerate violence (including sexual violence and harassment), violations of consent, or violations of our posted rules.
We expect everyone who attends this event to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Respect others. Racist, classist, transphobic, homophobic, body-size antagonistic, ableist, and similar comments and behaviours are unacceptable.
- Cultural appropriation is unacceptable.
- Sexist comments, catcalling, and sexual harassment/assault are unacceptable.
- Be conscious of the physical, mental, and emotional boundaries of others. Be aware of others’ body language and personal space and do not touch them if they don’t want you to.
- Be aware of the impacts of your own behaviour and take responsibility for what you say and do.
- Respect the space. Zero tolerance for theft and vandalism.
We reserve the right to remove individuals from the event without re-entry if they violate these rules. This is at the organizers’ discretion and is for the safety of everyone at the event.
(Language courtesy of Connect)